In order to compile Skype Call Recorder, you will need the following prerequisits:
- A C++ compiler (usually this will be g++)
- cmake, at least version 2.4.8
- Qt 4, at least version 4.3, including D-Bus support
- libmp3lame (liblame)
- libid3 (id3lib)
- libvorbisenc (usually comes with the package libvorbis)
- The development packages for the above libraries, in case they are separate (i.e. libqt4-dev, liblame-dev, libvorbis-dev, etc)
Please read the help resources for your Linux distribution if you’re not sure about how to satisfy these prerequisits. Then proceed as follows:
# unpack the tarball tar -xzvf skype-call-recorder-[version].tar.gz cd skype-call-recorder-[version]
# compile cmake . make # install (as root) make install
You may omit the installation step if you don’t want to install it system-wide (in /usr/local/bin/ by default). In that case, you can start it directly out of the build directory, or manually move it to ~/bin/ or anywhere else.
The source code lives on GitHub: Skype Call Recorder on GitHub.